Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Getting to know each other!

Great... I´m really happy to be able to be doing this in what I would consider to be my other birth language. Obviously and needles to say, I´ve had a few friends asking me to do this, so.... more work, but worth it!!!!

As the title says, I would like to start by placing a few personal notes so we can get to know each other. After all, hardly anyone has a meaningful conversation with someone they barely know.

Born in Mexico, I became at an early age one of the first victims of globalization. Moved back and forth between Mexico and the U.S; the last time for a "few years". I sometimes consider myself a mutt, growing up in both cultures and trying to figure out which one was true. In the end, I just grabbed what was good from both, and well, here I am!!!

My life, very close to a soap opera story, so far has given me a lot of satisfactions and already a few dreams come true. I can´t complain and am definately working to make the other ones come true.

As a cook, I can say I finally have a personal style. If someone asked to put it in one word, that would be "respect". As much as possible, trying to show respect for the ingredients to be used, expecting to bring them, together with others, to a higher level of taste. As one of my insructors would put it:

"BE ONE WITH THE CHICKEN"
(in the same tone of voice as that of Darth Vader)

Both, the words and the tone, always come back to me in dreams (or shoud I say, nightmares) reminding me of who and what I am in the kitchen.

My opinions in the culinary subjects are strong and heart felt. I´m in love with my carrer and expect to see respect from others. Not everyone likes it, but as I´ve always said, "such is life", you can´t win them all!

In the end, I hope that being the best at what I do professionally will help me become the best at the other important things in life, my wife, family and freinds.

And as the good man would say... Chop, chop, lets cut it up and put it in the stew!

See you in the first read!

No comments:

Post a Comment